Foil Pouch Fish Fillets
Excellent bariatric friendly food - the fish steams and is so tender and delicious. Lots of juices from the citrus and tomato. Add a few shrimp to the packet, change up the seasonings to Tony Chatcheres Cajun or Mexican Adobo, add some freshly cut corn kernels.
- Aluminum Foil or Ready made foil packets
- Tilapia or Mahi Mahi fillets
- Mini sweet peppers
- Red onion
- Cherry or grape tomatoes
- A fresh lime or lemon
- Old Bay Seasoning
- Lay out a foil square for each dinner. Layer the fish, pepper and red onion pieces, a couple cut tomatoes, a squeeze of lime, drizzle with olive oil, season with Old Bay Seasoning. Fold over the foil and seal it like a pouch.
- Three ways to cook your fish packets...
- 1. OVEN: Cook in preheated 400 degree oven for 12 minutes
- 2. GRILL: Pop on a hot preheated grill with top down for 12 minutes
- 3. SKILLET: Place on a dry hot preheated skillet and cook for 12 minutes